Friday, February 27, 2009

Night #7

Well, we have another successful night! I'm considering sending Kim West (the Sleep Lady) a diamond necklace or something! We can't begin to thank her and her book enough! As someone who believes in Attachment Parenting, I never thought I would find a sleep "training" that felt right. I'm so glad that this method not only worked with Hudson, but also fit into our parenting philosophy.

Hudson took a nap at a much better time finally. He slept from 12-2p.

Well, the bedtime wasn't as great as last night. I nursed, Ryan bathed him, read to him, and put him in bed. Ryan stayed in the door way again. Although we already did 3 doorway nights, we skipped the 3 nights of moving halfway across the room since his room is small. So we figured it might be a little too soon to move to the hallway.

Hudson walked around and played for a little. But all of a sudden Ryan said he sat in the corner and started to scream and cry. He hugged him and calmed him down. Then he snuggled with his blankets and went to sleep. So it wasn't bad by any means, but he did cry a little.

But the night time was amazing...he didn't even wake up ONCE! So I never heard him cry at all. At 6:15a I did start to panic and wonder if he was still breathing. At 6:40a, we heard him in there talking to him self. So not only did he sleep all night, he also woke up HAPPY!!!

Kim West, I love you! :)

2 comments:

Sara M said...

Great job Hudson! I don't know how you & Ryan have gone sleep deprived for so long, you deserve a good night sleep more than anyone!

Amanda said...

Just checking in- wondering how your adventure in sleep training was going. Glad to hear such a positive post. i was rooting for you! YEA!