Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NIght #5

After the early morning wake-up, Hudson took his nap from 10:15a-12:15p...WAY too early!! The Sleep Lady advises that the child go to bed 4 hours after he wakes from a nap. Since a 4p bedtime wasn't going to happen, I was hoping that he would take another nap...no such luck. Fortunately, he made it through the day and evening and was relatively pleasant. He didn't want the meatloaf that he scarfed down the night before, so he had a dinner of diced apples and some edamame (not sure how this kid didn't inherit mine and Ryan's love of food!). Ryan got him his bath, I nursed and read, Ryan put him down. I came downstairs at 7:01p and he was quiet for a long time. I was shocked to think that he went to bed without a fight! But, lo and behold, he eventually started to cry. Ryan came downstairs at 7:50p. He said that Hudson was playing for a while (when he was quiet). I think the nursing gives him a second wind because he's really drowsy while nursing, but wide awake afterwards. So we're going to have to move that (maybe to before bathtime) until it's cut altogether).

He started to cry at 9:15p. He seemed to be escalating, but we continued to wait. He was back to sleep on his own within 2-3 minutes.

He woke at 3:19p and was pretty upset. Ryan went in. He doesn't remember the specifics, but thinks that Hudson was back to sleep within 30 mins. Ryan just sat in the doorway - he didn't pick him up or anything.

He was crying around 5:40a. I was thinking that he was still tired, so I sent Ryan to put him back to sleep (i.e. sit in the doorway). Ryan ended up bringing him to me. I don't want to begin to bring him into bed again, so I got up with him and came downstairs. He still seemed tired, but we were beyond the point where he would go back down. We're probably in for another early nap today....

No comments: