Monday, February 23, 2009

15 month doctor check-up


Off to the doctors!


One of these days I'm going to insert info from all of Hudson's appointments so that you can see how he has grown. But that's going to have to wait until I have "spare time" (hahaha, yeah right!). So I guess you're just stuck with an update from today's appointment.

Hudson is weighing in at a mere 23 lbs (30th percentile) and measuring 31 inches (50th percentile). And his head circumference still is in first place: 65th percentile (48.5cm).

The pediatrician said that he looks great. At his 12 month visit, they took blood to check his iron levels and screen for lead. He was borderline anemic then, so she scheduled more lab work today. I cringed when I heard that because that meant holding him down so that she could draw blood from his inner elbow. It just broke my heart last time...tying his little arm, looking for a vein, draining his blood. So I was prepared for the worst. (Thankfully Ryan was there with me!). Well Hudson laid down and sat there calmly, watching inquisitively as they drew the blood. He never made a peep!! I was so proud of him!!

The two vaccines in the leg were to follow. He let out a little whimper, but then was laughing. Whatta tough little guy!!

No comments: