Monday, February 23, 2009

Night #4

Last night, we may have had our best bedtime to date. I nursed very briefly and left Hudson with Ryan at 7:17p. Ryan walked him for a few minutes (he worked late and needed some cuddle time with his little monkey man!). He put him down, drowsy but awake then laid on the floor in front of Hudson's doorway (It was the first night of "shuffling" to the door instead of next to the crib. I asked Ryan if he wanted me to bring up a chair since the recliner in Hudson's room is too big to move and he said he wanted to lay down...must be getting tired from all of his great "coaching"!). Hudson cried at first, but again, it wasn't that all out, hysterical cry. It was just a step above a whine. He started to test Ryan again by throwing his music box and one blanket out of the crib. During our first night or two, we would give in and give him his things back. But we realized that we were getting duped for attention so that had to end (thankfully, Ryan's not a softie like me!). So Ryan just ignored it. Hudson laid down pretty much right after that. But everytime Ryan would get up to leave, Hudson would start to cry. So Ryan would sit back down. This happened a few times until Ryan came downstairs at 7:55p. While the actually time may have taken a little longer, Ryan didn't have to go and pat him or hug him at all after he put him down. Another accomplishment!!

As for the rest of the night....it was wonderful! HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!! I never thought this night would come!!

I guess I should clarify...Hudson did wake up at 2:50 and some other time that I can't read since it was scribbled. I heard him cry a little, but we just waited and he fell back to sleep. So, by "sleeping through the night", I mean that we didn't have to get out of bed.

Unfortunately, I was up a few times anyways. Once I heard him cry a little, I waited to see if he went back to sleep. When he did, I was like a kid on Christmas morning...my excitement was keeping me awake!! I can't wait until this loses its novelty and I can sleep again!

Hudson woke up at 5:55a. It was a bit early and I knew that he wouldn't make it through until his 12p nap. But he didn't seem interested in going back to sleep. So, I gladly celebrated this accomplishment with my happy, well-rested little monkey!

No comments: