Sunday, February 22, 2009

NIght #2

We went out to dinner with some friends this evening, but we made sure we were back with enough time to get Hudson his bath and get him to bed. Due to his late nap, we figured that he would need to be asleep around 8p.

We gave him his bath, got him ready for bed, and I nursed/read books around 7:45. I handed him over to Ryan at 8p when he put him into the crib. He was asleep by 8:30p!! Amazing!!

He started to cry at 9:45p. I was just getting into bed to read so Ryan came up to get him. I stopped Ryan before he went in Hudson's room because he sounded like he was calming down. Ryan didn't go in and Hudson just went back to sleep on his own! We're definitely making progress!

He woke up at 11:03p. And I honestly don't remember if I went in or if Ryan did, but I wrote down that he was back asleep by 11:29p.

He was crying again at 3:40a. I don't have a "back to sleep" time written so either he went back to sleep without us going in or Ryan went in and I didn't get an update (as you can see, the sleep deprivation is getting to my memory!)

He was up at 5:30a. Ryan went in and realized that Hudson pooped. So changing his diaper made him upset and he was still a bit tired, so he started to get really worked up. I went in around 6:10a with some water because he was crying so hard. He didn't want the water. Since he didn't eat much for dinner, I started to wonder if he was hungry. I sent Ryan back to bed and I nursed Hudson, but didn't allow him to fall asleep at the breast. But when I would put him down he would get REALLY worked up. I think the nursing became somewhat of a tease to him and he was really protesting. It took all of my willpower to sit back and not take him out of the crib and nurse him to sleep. He was obviously still tired and had big tears rolling down his cheeks while he stood in his crib looking at me, his eyes begging me to hold him. It tugged at every one of my heartstrings. I finally picked him up, gave him a hug, and laid him back down. He put his hand on his little duck lovey/silky, and fell asleep within a minute or two. He woke up at 8:50a for the day (and he was actually happy and not crying when he woke up - he hasn't done that in a while!).

Ryan took him swimming this afternoon while I ran errands. They went to the gym a little late, so Hudson fell asleep in the car around 12:15. He slept until about 2p.

He was pretty fussy this evening. We struggled to get any dinner in him once again. He was rubbing his eyes and melting down around 5p. We got him into the bath a little earlier, around 6p. After his bath, we tried some more dinner. Then he played for a while. I nursed and read books around 7p and handed him off to Ryan at 7:22p. He was asleep by 8:11p.

Hoping for another good night....

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Jenn, that's awesome!! I'm so happy for you that it's going so well...keep up the good work, Hudson!!