Thursday, July 17, 2008

We survived!!!

Today was the first time I ever left Hudson with a "stranger" (i.e. the babysitter). I had a meeting at school and a friend of mine recommended her babysitter. So, I had to pry myself away from my little monkey man and hand him over to someone I just met. I didn't cry although I was wallowing in my sadness the entire trip to school. I pretty much broke every speed limit on my way home. I figured that my explanation to any police officer would be sufficient to get me out of a ticket ("I'm so sorry officer - I just left my infant son with a babysitter for the first time and I'm having separation anxiety", all said while crying obviously). Luckily, the men of the law weren't patrolling my route home.

I got here and found Hudson sitting on Mandie's lap, in one piece and not crying. I figured that was an accomplishment (not that I doubted her per se, but I was conjuring up every possible bad thing that could have happened to him, a la Rachel in the Friends episiode when Emma gets locked in Ross's apartment). What I did NOT expect, however, was to get the cold shoulder from Hudson. He wasn't thrilled to see me and wouldn't look at me. My heart broke a little. He's obviously not making the whole "going back to work" thing easy on me.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

While I am sorry Hudson gave you the cold shoulder, I am glad to hear that you both survived. :)
I love Friends! I miss it.
And I hope it is OK that I linked to your blog from mine. Take care.