Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Football divides people.

As I was walking home from the Cupcake Company, I decided to stop at the park and push Hudson in the swing. There were about 12-15 kids in the park, ranging from ages ~6-12. It looked like they were all there together as part of a summer camp or something through the rec center which is next to the park since there were adult counselors with them. Anyways, as I'm pushing Hudson, one of the little boys behind me yells over to the group of kids in front of me and says "Who wants to beat up the Steelers fan????". Immediately, I look around, thinking "what gave me and Hudson away? I'm not wearing any Steelers gear and neither is he. Think quick in case these kids attack!". Next thing I know, the little boy shouts "John's the Steelers fan - let's get 'em!". So that's the name of the game on the playgrounds of Baltimore: Let's beat up the Steelers fan. Wow.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

I'm glad that you were spared! (today, at least...be careful what you dress Hudson in when you take him there, sheesh!)

Megan Cyr said...

That is SO FUNNY!! Definitely need to watch what you wear, don't want a group of kids all chasing after you. No wonder Baltimore fans are so nasty, they train them young!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

S C A R Y! I wonder if kids here play "Beat the Raven!"...? I'm so out of touch with the playground games. I did, however, see a nasty game of TV tag being played at the pool. :)

jessduq_99 said...

That is a howl!!! I bet the Steelers fan won! GO STEELERS!!