Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Me and my sweettooth...

Thanks to the Krivda blood that runs through my body (thanks Mom!), I'm addicted to sweets. So whenever we have a get together, I tend to make as many desserts as side dishes. Last night was no exception. I had some friends over for a mid-week BBQ. I wanted to try two new dessert recipes I just found: Oreo truffle cookies and Mojito cake-tails. Both were DELISH!!!

Oreo Truffle Cookies
1 package of oreos, crushed to a fine dust in the food processor
1 brick of cream cheese, softened
1 bar of white chocolate
a few Kraft caramels (optional).

Put the oreo crumbs and cream cheese in the mixer (I used the Kitchen-Aid - It's becomes a pretty thick dough, so I'm not sure a hand mixer would cut it. ). Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Roll the dough into small balls and flatten to resemble the shape of an oreo. Dip in the white chocolate. Place of wax paper. Optional: Melt the caramels with a little cream in the microwave, watching closely so they don't burn. Drizzle over the truffles.
Chill in the refrigerator.

Mojito cake-tails
AMAZING summertime dessert! From Rachael Ray (link below). I found that the recipe says it makes 12, but I probably could have made 24. I'll cut the recipe in half next time.
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/dessert-recipes/frozen-mojito-cake-tails/article.html

3 comments:

Emmy said...

and you'll be dropping off that oreo dessert to my house when?? YUM!! :)

Valerie said...

Mmmmm. I can't wait to try those Oreo truffles!

Unknown said...

those truffles are really good made with the mint oreos then dipped in dark chocolate, too!