Thursday, July 24, 2008

It finally happened...


...one of the cats bit Hudson.


The funny thing is that I was going to post yesterday on how great the cats are with Hudson. In fact, yesterday I ran to the bathroom and came back to find Hudson on top of Kiva, pulling her tail. She was just sitting there. I praised her and gave her lots of kisses for being such a good girl. Guess she didn't get the message I was trying to send.


Let me preface today's story by saying that Kiva is obsessed with Hudson. When he's on the floor playing, she is constantly coming over to him, sitting up against him. I always shoo her away, but she ends up right back where she started.


So, today I was playing with Hudson in the living room/dining room area. Kiva was not around. I walked into the kitchen to put my dish into the dishwasher. As I opened the dishwasher I heard Hudson SCREAM. I ran in the dining room and found him sitting up screaming. So I figured that he didn't fall and hit his head or anything. I was a bit confused. I picked him up to examine him and found 4 bite marks on his arm. I felt awful! Only one broke the skin, but since cat bites are notorious for causing infection, we're off to the doctor....

No comments: