Sunday, June 15, 2008

My First Father's Day

Here are the top five moments of my first Father's day:

5) Making it almost a full day without checking my work email on my Crackberry. Seriously, I had no idea what I was signing up for when I agreed to sew that device onto my hip.
4) Having my dad wish me a "Happy Father's Day". That took all of 20 seconds. The rest of the conversation comprised of 30 minutes of tech/gadget talk followed by a detailed analysis of how much rain central Jersey was experiencing between 3:00 and 3:05pm today.
3) Feeling old when strangers wish me a "Happy Father's Day". If I was younger looking they'd think I was Hudson's uncle or something.
2) Enjoying morning coffee on our rooftop deck. The coffee actually sucked but it doesn't matter when you love your wife and child as much as I do.
1) Feeling like the luckiest dad in the world.


No comments: