Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm becoming domestic

I made a New Year's resoultion that I've actually kept. I vowed to make weekly menus of dinners that I was going to cook for the week, buy all of the groceries that I needed on Sunday, and be able to prepare a delicious meal each weeknight. This plan is working MUCH better than our old one that looked a little something like this:

Me: What do you want for dinner?
Ryan: I don't know. What do you want?
Me: I don't really care. What are you in the mood for?
Ryan: Uhhhh...not sure.
Me: Do you want to go to Wine Market/Blue Agave/Pazo (insert any Baltimore restaurant)?
Ryan: I could totally go for that.

To keep it interesting, I've been getting lots of yummy recipes online and trying them out. I figured that this blog would be a good place to share some of our new favorites. Here's what we had last night and it was delish!

London Broil with Texas Toast and Red Onion Jam
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=334276
I actually did not make the toast and instead made sandwiches on ciabatta bread with a slice of provolone cheese. Yum!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

haha...I'm glad we're not the only ones who used to have those conversations! Looking forward to reading more recipe ideas from you!