Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A week of "firsts"

(Let me first start by saying that Ryan isn't doing all of these posts - he only did the Father's Day one. But all of our pics are under his Picasa account, so I need to be logged in as him to post pics on here. Just didn't want to give him all the credit!)

So Hudson has decided that this week was going to be a milestone one for him. He got his first injuries, ate his first actual solid (i.e. not pureed mush), and learned to crawl. Whoa, let's take this one step at a time....

Injuries
Hudson is a monkey man and refuses to sit still. So when he plays on his music table, he likes to kneel or stand like this:





Well, he got a little too excited and went face first into the table which resulted in a minor bruise below his nose:


Then about 30 minutes later, he was playing on his mat and got to the edge. He likes to grab at the base for his jumper. Well, he grabbed for it, lost his balance, and went head first into the hardwood floor. The result?


Yep, a nice egg (and a dazed expression). I'm not sure if he looks dazed because he hit his head or because his Mom grabbed the camera to document it.

Eating real solids
Isn't it funny that when kids start eating solids, their foods are far from solid? Purees and cereal? Not so "solid". Well we gave Hudson a "rice rusk" (fancy kid's rice cake) yesterday. It's actually solid. Here's a play-by play:



Mommy introduces the biscuit....



"What do you want me to do with this thing?"



"Okay, so it goes in my mouth..."




Tasting it...



"It's a little dry - I need some water..."



"It's so good that I'm going back for more..."



"The aftermath of my experimentation in solid food (you should have seen the floor!). Let the messy eating begin..."



Crawling
For weeks, Hudson has been getting onto all fours and "humping the ground". Then he started to move and arm or leg or scoot a little, but I was hesitant to calling it "crawling". Well, it's official. As of Tuesday (6/17), he is getting his cute little butt from point A to point B. It's still somewhat slow and unsteady, but he's movin'! Once I can get it on video, I'll post it.



No comments: