Thursday, September 4, 2008

Daycare woes

If you're reading this blog, you probably have already heard me complain, complain, and complain some more about Hudson's daycare. I've decided to post my complaints here. I figured that maybe if I unload them, I can stop ranting about them. Okay, be prepared....


1. On day one, I was greeted with an "Oh Lordy!" when I came to pick Hudson up.


2. Following that wonderful greeting, I walked into the classroom to find Hudson on the floor crying while another teacher just sat in the rocking chair doing nothing.


3. Also on day one, I was told that he was needy and a bully.


4. Lastly on day one, I was told that he did "1,2 buckle my shoe" as his activity - he was there for 5 hours.


5. During the first week, I called and said "Hi, this is Jenn. I'm just calling to see how Hudson is doing". I got a one word response - "okay".


6. I would ask how Hudson was doing when I would pick him up and they would just say "he'll adjust" - not answering my question.


7. They gave him food that they weren't authorized to - I signed a paper saying to only give him what I provide.


8. That food was pudding...prior to us ever introducing dairy to him.


9. They didn't see anything wrong with that.


10. I dropped him off one morning at 8:55a and the teacher put him in a stroller. I came home and watched the online video of the center and she sat there talking to other teachers, while Hudson was just strapped in the stroller, until 9:25a.


11. That same day, I saw Hudson put into an Exersaucer multiple times throughout the day. One time, he was crying while the teacher just sat on the rocking chair, doing nothing.


12. As if this day wasn't stressful enough, I went to pick him up and saw that his crib sheet was all wet from what I presumed where tears. I have specifically asked them multiple times to not let him cry himself to sleep.


13. There were days when his teacher would past me in the hallway and pretend that I was a stranger and not even say hello.


14. Following a meeting with the Director about items 1-13, Hudson was moved to a new room. Upon meeting the teachers, they kept asking why he was getting moved there and stressed that there were no other kids that were Hudson's age in their room (i.e. they were far from welcoming).


15. Also when I first met them I told them that Hudson was to only eat the food I provide. They continued to challenge me and tell me how to feed Hudson, during which they mentioned that they feed the infants Pop-Tarts.


16. Upon hearing the Pop-Tart comment, I said that we don't give Hudson sugar. The one teacher defiantly said "well, yogurt has sugar in it!" (I mentioned that I gave him yogurt).


17. The new teachers couldn't ensure that Hudson would not cry himself to sleep.


18. Whenever I drop Hudson off, I put him on the ground and he'll start to cry. The teachers drag their feet to come and sit and comfort him.


19. I walked in the other day and the local hip hop/R&B station was playing on the radio.


20. Hudson routinely comes home with food plastered to his head. To do this justice, I took a picture of the blueberries smashed into his head (it was with my cell phone, so not a great pic):



I'll stop the list at 20 to avoid overkill :) I think you get the point by now.

No comments: