Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where have the last nine months gone?

Our little monkey changed our lives forever a mere 9 months ago. I haven't stopped glowing since the day I found out that I was pregnant. Ryan hasn't stopped beaming with pride since the morning that his little sidekick came into this world. I know that it's been said before, but parenthood is truly an amazing thing. There really is no other way to explain it than by saying you know how it feels to see your heart out side of your body. Your child becomes the reason for every breath you take. With every minute that I look at my little guy I love him more than the last. It's truly remarkable how selflessness becomes a way of life and your world revolves around this little angel - anything you can do to make him happy will be done since his happiness is the only thing that matters to you. The things I do just to see my monkey smile are countless. In a little book that my mom bought me there was a quote that said "Your baby will learn how to love because of you". If that's the case, Hudson is going to be prodigy when it comes to love.


Taken right before leaving for the hospital


As if what I have already written isn't sappy enough, I also have to mention the changes that the last 9 months have had on our marriage. Parenthood can do two things to a marriage - strengthen it or destroy it. Thankfully for us, it has done the former. The highs and lows of parenting are so much more enjoyable when you have someone wonderful with whom to share them. I can feel my chest expand as my heart grows when Ryan walks into the room after a long day at work. As much as I play with Hudson, his smiles are the biggest when his Daddy walks into the room. Everyday I stop whatever I'm doing just to see his face light up when Ryan announces that it's time for the "Daddy changing dance" (while that sounds wildly inappropriate, it's a rather cute little dance that Ryan does for Hudson before changing out of his work clothes - Hudson LOVES it). I have never felt more blessed than those times I see my guys together.














Leaving the house as two, coming home as one...


Okay, I guess the sleep deprivation is getting to me - I'm not sure what caused me to be a blubbering mess right now. At least I know that my mom and Ryan's mom are at home crying along with me as they read this.

Just a reminder of how much has changed in 9 months...

4 comments:

Dispatcher from Hell said...

Ok Jenn, you've got me crying here too. Seriously, that was just beautiful!

Emmy said...

what a beautiful post, you summed it up perfectly! :) Happy 9 months, handsome Hudson!

Megan Cyr said...

You got me all teary eyed too (and I am sure Jess will be too when she reads). Everything you wrote is so true and I know exactly where you are coming from. We aren't even 3 months in and I cannot imagine life without her. Definitely Daddy's little girl. She just beams when he talks to her and melts my heart (we get the best smiles when it is bath time with daddy). Still can't believe we are mommies! Life is so different from when we lived down the street from you.

Valerie said...

Awww. He's such a cutie!