Sunday, August 24, 2008

First trip to the ballpark

Today, the "fam" went to Camden Yards to watch the O's take on the New York Yankees. It was a gorgeous day especially for Hudson's first trip to a ball park - to a professional sport for that matter.

Events like this make being a dad the best job in the world... they really do, I'm not just saying that. I can't help but think about how proud my father was taking me to the ballpark, and now I get to feel the same way with my son. That "passing down to the next generation" crap really tears me up.

Here are some of the highlights from today:

1) We showed up at the ballpark and I first ran to get a "beer and hotdog" at the concession stand while Jenn held Hudson and about 13 bags that we seem to need to carry everywhere we go now that Hudson has arrived.
2) I asked Hudson if he was excited about his first ballgame. He responded by drooling then smiling at a cute 2 year old girl walking by. He's a serious flirt.
3) While Jenn was taking care of Hudson (I had to focus on the game), I gave her a bite of my hotdog (which I was reluctant to do since it was so f'n good). She spilled some ketchup on her pants. I laughed at her and asked the guy next to me if I could borrow some napkins to clean up the mess my wife made. I told him that she's kinda messy and that I wasn't aware of this flaw when I married her. We had a good laugh... but Jenn didn't. She just stared at me. I wasn't sure what that meant at the time but suffice it to say that I'm writing this entry from my couch and Jenn has just brought down a pillow and blanket. I think it's for me.
4) We sat in the stands and watched a few innings of some great baseball!
5) Hudson nursed on his mother's boob while I nursed on a beer.
6) The Yankees won and we celebrated by stopping at Hudson's favorite BBQ joint (RUB - sometimes pronounced RUBS by certain senial senior citizens who won't be mentioned here).

All in all, it was a great day and I couldn't ask for anything more. I love my wife and I love my son more than anything in the world. Days like this make it seem like we live in our own little world and things couldn't be better... except for sleeping in my own bed :)

1 comment:

melissa said...

After seeing his throw tonight at the park, I think I will be going to Camden Yards some day to see Hudson pitch.