Monday, August 4, 2008

Boobs to Breezewood!

This past weekend, we packed up the car once again (Hudson didn't contribute to the packing once again...), but this weekend we were off to Pittsburgh. My little brother Joey stayed with us during the week after our NJ trip, so he was also driving back with us. After a hectic morning of trying to get everything packed in addition to preparing our rental property for the new tenants, we finally headed out at 2p. For the last few weeks, I've had some problems with my car's AC. The fan would just stop blowing, but then randomly come back on. (This was particularly concerning since I spent a small fortune last summer to get a new AC). I wasn't too worried when it went out on Friday morning, thinking it will DEFINITELY come back on before we head out. Boy, was I wrong! Did I mention that it was 90 degrees?


This was one of the worst drives to Pittsburgh that I've ever been on. And I've been on quite a few since moving to Baltimore. We pretty much hit traffic from our house until Breezewood. Being the sweet wife that I am, I offered to drive so that Ryan could eat some food. Joey was in the back with Hudson. Well, I got caught up in all of the packing and organizing before we left, that I forgot to nurse Hudson before hitting the road (again, please don't call CYS...I promise I'm a better mom than these posts are making me sound). Since I was the one driving, there was no way to "road nurse", so I was stuck praying that the boobs would make it to Breezewood. In fact, everytime we hit more traffic, Ryan, Joey, and I would all sigh and say "Boobs to Breezewood!". Hudson was an absolute doll through all of this. I shed more tears than he did on this trip.
When you're sitting in traffic with no AC and the windows opened, you don't even get the luxury of a breeze. Good times....


We stopped at Starbucks in Breezewood (an iced tea-lemonade with black tea, sweetened was like a juice from the Gods at that point) so that I could nurse. Wouldn't you know that Hudson didn't even want to eat! Ahhh, the pain!


We finally made it (boobs and all) and went straight to Kings' Family Restaurant. Ryan gets the biggest kick out of Kings'. He doesn't think there's anywhere else in the world that is a big of a time warp than Kings'. Everything about the place (the people, the prices, the decor) is stuck a world that existed about 25 years earlier.

On Saturday, we went swimming at my cousin's pool. Hudson had a little piece of raw broccoli. He actually liked it. Well, except for the fact that he kept choking on it (damn! Looking like a negligent mother again!).




Thankfully, all of the heat, traffic, and boobie pain was worth it when we got to see our family! (Indulging in Kings', Giant Eagle cake, Lucci's white pizza, and Eat N Park cookies was just a bonus!!)




Grami and Hudson

No comments: