Friday, October 23, 2009

Non-stop development!


I've really been wanting to post about Hudson's development for a while and just haven't found the time thanks to this out of control nesting instinct that has kicked in (just as an aside...where did this come from?!? I've already cleaned and reorganized our closets, built the crib and dresser (well, made Ryan build the crib and dresser...), and rearranged the furniture in our house. The baby isn't even due for 9 more weeks, but I'm OBSESSED with getting this house ready). Anyways, Hudson is blowing us away with his development and his cuteness.

-I've been really wanting to post the video of this, but I can't figure out how to shorten it. Hudson's most exciting accomplishment lately has been spelling his name! For a while, he would see an 'H' and say 'H - Hudson'. On Oct. 2nd, I was sitting on the couch with him and he just looked at me and said "H-u-d-s-o-n". I was in total shock! I made Ryan run in and see if we could have him do it again and did. Then he would do it all the time (in a cheerleader voice H-u-d, S-o-n). Our nanny would tell him to tell another kid his name at the park and he would just spell it. We didn't teach him this, but we just write his name alot when we draw. Apparently he was paying attention!

- He can count to 10 (this isn't new though)

- He knows all of his colors

- He knows most of his letters, but just not in order. If you point to a "Q", he'll say "Q", but he can't say his ABCs yet.

- He knows most of his shapes.

- He LOVES to hug and kiss the cats. Thankfully, they allow this

- "Oh dear" has been replaced with "Oh Gosh!" in his vocabulary. Between this phrase and his hair style, I'm not totally convinced that he isn't 89 years old!

- He walks up and down the stairs. No more scooching down on his bum!

- Sometimes when we wants Ryan's attention, instead of saying "DAD!", he'll say "RYAN!". It cracks me up!

- Since his language is picking up, we need to watch what we say. Ryan and I don't usually ever swear (unless we're watching a Steeler game!), but I do say "Oh crap!". Unfortunately, now Hudson does too.

- He likes this new soap that my mom bought him. He opens it in the tub, sniffs it, and says "Mmmmm...good!" (It's coconut scented). I have a video of this too, but just need to get it uploaded.

- When he farts, he says "toot!". Then we have to remind him to also say "Excuse me".

- He has different voices when he's talking about something big and something little. If it's big, he'll say "BIIIIIIIG truck!" and when it's little he'll whisper in a high pitched voice "little truck".

- When he's really excited over something you're about to give him, he immediately says "thank you!". Most other times you have to remind me to say it.

- Nothing much new with sleeping or eating. He still wakes up about 2 times a night. And he still eats nothing much more than crackers and yogurt.

- Some of his favorite toys are: legos (yes, the real little kind that our nanny accidentally bought him while he was sick. Some of the pieces are the size of a tic tac!), balloons and balls (to kick), crayons/things to draw with.

- Some of his favorite books are: Bounce One Baby (which he calls "Baby Jump"), Bathe One Baby, any Spot book, Peekaboo Blueberry, I love you through and through, Goodnight Moon (where he loves to point out the "firetruck", aka fire place).

I'm sure there's so much more that he's doing, but it's slipping my mind as I think about cleaning our garage....

2 comments:

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

How cute is he? It is so much fun when they start talking more.

jpournaras said...

hahaha you crack me up! Hudson sounds even more adorable with all the cute things he is doing and saying now!! he will be such a good big brother!