Saturday, October 3, 2009

My apologies....

....for not letting you know that we all survived the weekend apart!

Friday morning, Ryan and I were doing some last minute packing, relaxing, and enjoying a Starbucks. We were planning on leaving as soon as we got everything together. We were ready around 11:30am. I was so excited about the trip that I wasn't even dreading saying goodbye to Hudson. When the time came to leave, he told us "buh bye" and waved, gave hugs and kisses, and we left. There were no tears (from me or Hudson!).

Ryan and I had a fantastic time in Cape May. We spent LOTS of time by the pool, reading. The beach was a little too windy. Plus the hotel had an "adult pool" which was basically a large bath tub - the water was SO warm. In addition to relaxing, we ate....TONS. On Friday night we hit up Martini Beach for dinner. On Saturday, we went to Mad Batter and 410 Bank St. On Sunday, we went to George's and The Ebbitt Room (where we also celebrated our engagement 5 years ago). We did a little shopping and some walking on the beach. We watched our beloved Steelers hand a game over to the Bungles, which was all the less exciting given that we were watching the game with a deaf Bungles fan who kept shouting things at us even though we couldn't understand him. We were lucky to be joined by another Steelers couple....who happened to be Carnegie Tech grads! Small world!

On Saturday afternoon, I asked Ryan "is it bad that I'm not missing Hudson?". I mean, being able to dictate your own wake up time (which, unfortunately, was still 5 or 6a), eat a warm meal in a restaurant, have adult conversation, and relax is pretty easy to get used to! By Sunday night though, we were at dinner talking about how we missed Hudson and I finally broke down and started to cry. I was quite proud of myself for making it that long!

Hudson, on the other hand, didn't seem to realize we were gone! Mom Mom and Pop Pop kept him busy. Much to my relief, he didn't even ask for us until Sunday. One of the best parts about leaving him was that the return trip was so much more exciting. Usually, you're bummed when you leave vacation. But this time, I was so excited to come home and see him. Hudson, however, did not feel the same way. He was napping when we got home. I ran to the store and he woke up while I was gone. Ryan was holding him and when I came up to say hello, he started to scream and cry. I couldn't even look at him without him shouting "No!". Apparently, our cats taught him their lesson of being mad at Mommy and Daddy when we leave. It wasn't until Monday night that Hudson allowed me to hold him. Of course, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm, but it was better than him crying for us while we were gone.

Here are a few pics from the trip:The Congress Hall Hotel


The view from the pool


Me and my belly on the beach


Posing at the spot where Ryan proposed 5 years ago


The baby and the lighthouse

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Sounds like you had a great time...and you look great! I LOVE the last pic of the belly and the lighthouse.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time!!! Brady yells at Eric and I to go away when the grandparents bring him back from there house.

Anonymous said...

Please excuse my typo. I'm still jet-lagged and have a sinus infection.