Tuesday, September 8, 2009

30 just keeps getting better!

Thanks to my wonderful husband. He planned yet another surprise for me this past week. We went to NJ to visit his family for the week and my family was set to come out from Pgh. My in-laws have a great house near the shore. In addition to being so close to the beach, they have a pool, hot tub, and volleyball court all in their backyard, so we planned for this to be our summer vacation. Ryan and I were so excited to get both of our families together for the week (that's always a good time...especially when martinis are involved....). Plus we were going to have multiple sets of babysitters just itching for alone time with Hudson. We got there on Friday afternoon and my family was set to arrive on Saturday afternoon. On Saturday morning, Ryan asked if I wanted to go see a movie, so Ryan, Kevin (my brother-in-law) and I went to see Inglourious Basterds (which was great, by the way. Oh yeah, and that's not my spelling error...that's actually the title). I knew that my mom, step-dad, and aunt would be at the house when we got back. When I walked in, I was a little surprised by the decorations and the fact that they were all wearing leis. I thought it was weird that my father-in-law was taking pictures of me. Well, out of nowhere jumped my brother, his little girl, my uncle, his girlfriend, (all from Pgh) my best friend from high school, her husband, her daughter, and my best friend from college (all in from NYC)!!! My thoughtful hubby planned a surprise party for me! Later that evening, our good friends from Virginia also arrived. They drove up from VA just for the party and headed back that evening. Talk about awesome friends! (Oh and they did those 10 hours of driving with a 2 year old and a 2 week old!).

This party was yet another reminder of all of the blessings in my life. Having people go out of their way for me (by party planning and/or traveling) touched me so deeply. So, to everyone involved, especially my loving husband, thanks for making this birthday one of the best!

Here are a few pics from the party:

As we're packing the car, I walk downstairs to find Hudson like this...lying in his folded stroller.


My yummy cake that traveled from Pittsburgh - it's not a birthday without Giant Eagle cake!


Walking in and asking why they all had on leis

SURPRISE! Note the hand on my head


Getting filled in on all of the lies


Posing with my yummy cake (complete with Steeler helmets)

Hudson being a mack and being fed strawberries by Layla

No comments: