Monday, March 16, 2009

Uh-oh...our first "semi-serious" injury....

I was working in the office downstairs this morning while Hudson was upstairs with Joyce. I heard a "THUD!" and then a shrilling scream. I ran upstairs and Joyce had picked Hudson up and was holding him. She was holding him tight to her with his head by her shoulder. She didn't notice that he was gushing blood all over her and the floor. I took him and saw that the blood was coming out of his nose. I held a tissue to it and it stopped pretty shortly thereafter. I was obviously shaken up. I called the doctor and the nurse told me that if it's not deformed (it isn't), if his eyes aren't bruised (they're not), and the nose isn't sore to the touch (it isn't), then it's probably not broken. By the time I was hanging up with the nurse, Hudson was back to his old self asking for crackers.

I think what happened was that he was running (pushing his vacuum) and he tripped and smacked his face off of the ceramic tile. Poor little guy! :(

If he continues to run around the house, I might have to look into a toddler version of this:

1 comment:

Jen said...

AHHH!! I fear the first "gushing blood" incident. Good thing Hudson's a tough guy.