Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleep update

I know that alot of people have been checking back for sleep updates. The reason that I haven't posted any is because not too much is new. He's still sleeping as well as he was on the last sleep post. We haven't done the last stage of the "shuffle" yet which is putting him in his crib awake and walking out of the room. Right now a typical night looks like this:

*Between 6:30-7:30, I nurse Hudson in his room with the lights on.
*About 10-15 minutes later, Ryan gets Hudson in his bath.
*Between 7-8, Ryan puts him in his crib with the music on and Ryan lays on the floor by the doorway. Hudson walks around the crib for a while, fusses for a minute or two, lays down and goes to sleep. It usually takes 15-45 minutes for him to lay down and go to bed.
*He might wake up once throughout the night (He has woken up twice before, but we were dealing with new teeth and a runny nose). If he does wake up, we just pick him up, hold him for a second to calm him down, put the music back on, and lay him back in his crib. He goes right back to bed.
*The downside to all of this is that his new wake up time is 5am. Even after we changed the clocks! I try to get him back to bed since I think he's still tired (he's crying and not happy), but it never works. So I go down stairs, turn on the lights, and nurse. One of the problems might be that he doesn't eat much at night, so he's waking up due to hunger. But he usually won't eat when I bring him down, just nurses, so I'm not sure.

I'm absolutely amazed at how well the Shuffle method worked for us. My parents and Ryan's parents can attest to how awful Hudson was when it came to sleeping. This has been a miracle!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

I'm so glad that it worked out so well for you!! :) and I totally feel your pain on the 5am wakeup call, that was the only bad thing about him starting to STTN, he became quite the early bird!!