Friday, February 27, 2015

The minds of children are fascinating

Last night during bedtime stories, Hadley turned to Ryan and asked "Daddy, I know everything about Frozen.  What do you know everything about?"  After Hadley was fast asleep, Ryan was telling me about their sweet conversation.  So today after I picked her up from school, I asked her about it and what Daddy's answers were.  She said "Daddy knows everything about technology, computers, and coding".  I smiled knowing that was likely the answer he gave her.  Then she says "Mommy, what do you know everything about?"  I'm thinking and thinking and don't have an answer lined up so I just say "well, I know a lot about being healthy and cooking healthy foods for the family" (I'm on day 10 of a Whole30 which is likely why my brain went there).  She corrects me and says "no Mommy, you know a lot about love".  Beaming, I just hug her and say "that's right Hadley.  I do know a lot about love".  She continues by saying "everyone knows a lot about love.  All the people.  Except the bad people.  Like the people who hit the planes into the twin towers.  They don't know about love.  No body teached them".   I was just flabbergasted. I can't imagine how she thought of 9/11. And to see her understanding of love, just left me in awe of her natural innocence and empathic nature.

#thisgirlmakestheworldabetterplace

No comments: